Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Dingbat Diaries...Revisited

Somebody around here is determined to take his sister's place as Head Dingbat while she's away at college.  I'm not naming any names, but he knows who he is, and he's been working overtime this weekend!

Recent conversation: 

"Hey Mom, what day is it today?"

It's Sunday.

"No, I mean the number.  What number...what date?"

It's the 22nd.

"How many days in January?"

You tell me.

"Umm, I don't know...28?"

Seriously?

"24??"

We need to have your head examined.  Go look at the calendar in the kitchen and get back to me."

"OH!  OK, 31.  I was thinking about February with the whole 24 thing...OK, cause I was just gonna say, it's almost April Fool's Day."

Which is...in...APRIL...hence the name April Fool's Day...???

"Yep!"

Okaaaay.

And then, a loud crash as his brother, who was sweeping the kitchen floor, hit a light bulb in the ceiling fan with the broom and shattered it. The oldest one took the broom and swept the glass up so no one would step on a sliver.  After that he reached his arm up and unscrewed the remaining end of the light bulb from the socket.  The Head Dingbat in Training said...

"I'll grab another light bulb and the step ladder so you can put in a new one!"

Um...your brother was tall enough to reach the light bulb and REMOVE it from the ceiling fan, but he won't be tall enough to insert a new one??

Shaking my head and rolling my eyes.  Maybe there's a lack of oxygen in the house that's causing this??

No comments: