Thursday, May 19, 2011

In His Hands

"For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly."  ~ Psalm 84:11


Last night, as I went to bed and waited for the melatonin to kick in so I could drop off to sleep, I prayed that God would erase the worries from my mind.  Darling Daughter has had her heart set on a particular college since she was in the 8th grade, and while she was accepted and she did receive scholarship money from the school...it just wasn't quite enough.  It's a small private university and it's fairly expensive and well, we just weren't sure where the rest of her money was going to come from.  I mean, sure, we have a couple of twins we could put up for offer on Craig*list, but I kind of like those boys.  Plus, I'm not positive we'd get enough out of them to make up the difference.  "Please, Lord...show us what to do.  Her dream is right in front of her. Surely You didn't dangle this carrot in front of her only to yank it away?"



"Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass." ~ Psalm 37:4-5


This morning, Darling Daughter mentioned that she'd been praying last night, too.  "God, just help me be truly thankful for what I do have and not to question what I don't.  Help me to be proud of my friends and excited for them.  Make me content with Your plans, however they turn out."



"But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."  ~ Philippians 4:19




Sometimes...He just blows us away!  Here we were...all set to send off her application for student loans...and this morning...she went to Senior Awards Day needing several thousand dollars...

She walked away with MORE THAN ENOUGH! 



We were all in tears.  He has provided.  In His perfect timing, and in His prefect way.  We had no idea.  She was so stunned that she almost didn't get out of her seat and walk to the front to accept her award.  She was sure there was another student with a very similar name that had won it.  Not her. 
 
Congratulations to our beautiful daughter.  She was awarded the Mustangs of Merit, American Citizenship Award, and the Principal's Award, the President's Volunteer Service Award, the Nestle's Best in Youth Honorable Mention, and Advocate of the Year in addition to completing a double major in English and World Languages on her diploma, earning Cum Laude status as a Honor Graduate, and winning a grand total of nine scholarships in all (four straight from the college and the rest from the community.)
 
I guess now I know why God only gave us one daughter.  There couldn't be another as special as this one!
 
Keep your eyes on God, baby girl, and keep all your trust in Him.  God has had His hand on you since before you were born.  He's got so much planned for you.
 
We are so proud of her and thankful for all He's provided.  Tomorrow?  Off to register for her classes and tour the school!  Next week, exams.  And June 2nd...graduation!

2 comments:

The Momster said...

Oh Source, that is just wonderful! It is such an awesome testimony in how faithful our God is! And how gracious Darling Daughter is as well. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

THAT is so my God, and SO like His faithful kids! WOW, I am so *excited* for you both :)
Donie