Saturday, April 16, 2011

Teens Times Three

I'm not entirely sure how it happened, but as I write this, I'm sitting here all alone, in a blessedly silent house on a Saturday evening. With a Hershey's bar and a spoonful of peanut butter, a good book, and my best buddy Lucy.

Because...the Hubby is working night shift.  The Oldest is working a 24 hour shift.  Darling Daughter was invited to a friend's Sweet 16 party.

And the twins?

Those precious little babies?

The ones who can be counted on to keep their mom company and drive their mom nuts on a weekend night?

Yeah, they abandoned their mother.

They actually got spiffed up, combed and cologned, jumped into the car with their sister and headed out to PARTAY.


I don't know who told them they could go.

I don't know who told them they could stay out till 11:00pm.

I'm not sure who said they were old enough to even GO to a Sweet 16 party.

I'm still trying to figure out why they aren't sitting in the living room floor watching Star Wars the Clone Wars and shooting each other with Nerf guns. 

I've got a sneaking suspicion it has something to do with the invitation handed to them by a pretty young lady at Co-op.  And the mention of music and dancing.  And the words "plenty of food!" 





Yep.  That's all it took.  The promise of female company and some snacks!  They ran outta this house like it was on fire!  And left me sitting here wondering...when did they get so grown up?  When did I become the mother of an adult and three teenagers?? When did they stop looking like little boys?  When did they start caring about how they smell? 

And when did they get so tall??

No comments: