Tuesday, March 15, 2011

How to waste money without even trying.

According to the newspaper there's going to be a new store opening in our local mall.  There going to be selling flip flops.  Just flip flops.  Flip flops that cost between $20 and $100.

My first reaction to this stop-the-presses story?

Whew!  Thank heavens. We sure could use a flip flop store around here!  It's about time dangit!

Second reaction?

Hold on there just a minute.  Hundred dollar flip flops??  HUNDRED DOLLAR FLIP FLOPS?

Well, OK so my hubby would say that twenty dollars is ridiculous for a pair of flip flops.  What are we talking about here?  A little bit of foam rubber and a piece of plastic?  I mean, maybe, if they're really cute and sparkly. With sequins.  And polka dots.  But hundred dollar flip flops?  I don't get it.  Are they made of gold?  Are they woven out of hair from the back end of an endangered Beav-coon?  Cause otherwise...

Unless...maybe they come with fake, press-on toenails or something.  For that kind of money they'd better make my toenails look pretty AND give me a foot massage. 

Shouldn't flip flops cost about a dollar and a half at Walgreens? 

No comments: