Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I'm Dreaming.

I'm dreaming of a warm Christmas,
Just like the ones I used to know...
(when it wasn't four freaking degrees outside in mid-December in the South which is completely unfair when I chose to live here forever because I don't like to be cold and it's colder down here that in Montana for heaven's sake somebody send some warmth my way!  And a Snuggie!)



Where the tan legs glisten...
(and mine are the darkest!)



And children listen,
And watch dolphins as they go...
(swimming by...in the lukewarm ocean...as the sweaty children have splinters removed by their favorite aunt and grandpa while waiting on fireworks on a balmy evening.)


I'm dreaming of a green Christmas. 
(At least 75, please, come on sunshine, I know you can do it!)


Without the chance to get frost bite.
May my days be merry and BRIiiii...iiii...iiii...ight!
 (but not from snow blindness!)


And may someone else's Christmases be white!
(Because Lucy and I just aren't cut out for this and we're freezing out butts off down here.)



Unfortunately, we don't have snow.  Only cold.  Lots and lots of cold.  It really is desperately unfair to have wind chill temps in the single digits and NO white stuff on the ground, I mean, if we're going to have to suffer with icicles hanging from our noses we should at least get a gorgeous view and a few days holed up in the house with hot chocolate out of it.  Right??)

No comments: