Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Mother Dear

Happy Birthday

to

my

Mama!

Aww....look!  It's my mama holding me when I was only 6 days old and she was a brand new, first-time mommy! What happy, blissful, calm, quiet days before my bratty kid sister showed up on the scene almost 3 yrs later.  ;)

Yes, there she is.  Sticking her face all up in my business!  Sisters! 
You know mama loves me more, right?
It's true. 

I have proof...


See...while you, dear sister, were plopped into an unsafe, lead-based-paint-laden baby crib with choking-hazard mobiles, fluffy pillows and nice warm blankets...


I, the firstborn child, was lovingly and gently placed on the edge of the sofa to slumber next to the baby powder! 


By the way, Mom, I have your present, but I couldn't find an address to mail it to the boat in the middle of the Chesapeake Bay.  So if you want it, I guess you're just going to have to come back down here and visit.  Hey!  I have an idea!  You could stay in your actual HOUSE while your here!  You remember...that big brick and mortar thing with the fireplace and all the closet space?  With beds??  And a kitchen?? 
And a PHONE??

A phone is for talking to your daughters! 



I love you anyway.

Enjoy your birthday!
Tell your husband to give you a hug for me, and I guess we'll see you before the next birthday...

1 comment:

a Tonggu Momma said...

LOVE those infant pictures! And it takes me back to Christmas a few years ago when I did the happy dance after unwrapping a sweatshirt that read "Mom loves me BEST," only to find my sister holding up an identical one.