Sunday, September 12, 2010

Greeneville, SC


Reedy River Falls in downtown Greeneville


The big, funky tree with exposed roots at Reedy Falls park.


Pretty purple berry plant of some kind...at Reedy Falls.



Big, ugly bird taking a bath...at Reedy Falls.


Our private balcony at Pettigru Place B & B in Greeneville. 


Hey, look!  It's ME having a glass of headache reliever...I mean, uh, Chardonnay...in our room at Pettigru Place B & B just after arriving and chatting with Jeanette, the sweet and hospitable hostess, who made the absolute best stuffed french toast with peaches for our breakfast Sunday morning!  



One of the bouquets of roses that were in our room...so romantic!  


The garden outside our room...


Campbell's Covered Bridge.  Last covered bridge still standing in SC...or so the sign says!  


Guess what this is?  Campbell's Covered Bridge again!  
That water was FREEZING!  I know because I jumped in!  OK so it was only ankle deep, but I can't pass up a creek without getting in it.  Unless there are leeches or fish or snakes.  Then I can pass it up.

The Westin, downtown Greeneville.  I thought it was pretty.   And we were sitting on a bench across the street.  So I took a picture of it.


One of the Mice on Main.  There are 8 tiny little mouse sculptures (statues??) around the downtown area.  This one is wearing a tricorn hat & playing a drum...because he's situated beside a statue of General Greene, who was umm...well...I forget, but he had something to do with the Revolution.  Hence the tricorn mousey hat!  Isn't he cute! 


This is the other side of Reedy Falls.  


Lego Heaven.
Also known as O.P. Taylor's the toy store.  Very cool place.  Every kind of Lego you could ever hope to see, along with Silly Bandz, Madame Alexander dolls, and Harry Potter magic wands!  Real ones.  I'm not even kidding!  
OK, maybe I am.  They did have wands, though.  Wooden Harry Potter ones.  They looked like fun!  I wouldn't be able to use one without yelling Bibbiddi Bobbiddi BOO though, so hubby wouldn't buy me one.  Just between us, I think he's afraid I'll turn him into a pumpkin.  


Look who was hanging out in the window of the Mast Store!  Pioneer Woman.  And hubby's butt!  




OK, I'm off to get ready for dinner at Smoke on the Water.  
I'm going to need to starve for a few weeks once we get back from this trip!

Thanks, Hubby, for an amazing weekend!  You're the best at keeping secrets and thinking up surprises!  
I love you!  <------> 
Happy 20th Anniversary!

3 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

I don't know who is cuter in that last shot. I'm just saying...

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY you two! Love ya bunches.

mendyc said...

The new camera takes great shots!!!