Thursday, August 12, 2010

These, This & That

This week:

These two turkeys will turn into teenagers on Saturday. 
I'm sooooo not ready for that. 
Thirteen?
Voices are beginning to change, feet are growing at warp speed, and appetities increase hourly.
Who said they could grow up so quickly?
It certainly wasn't me. 



This one will begin her senior year of high school AND her college experience at the same time. 
I'm really, really not ready for my baby girl to meet college guys. 
Maybe she'll be in an all-girl calculus class? 
Is that too much to hope for?


And that one...


is officially employed by the Department of Public Safety as a firefighter with all the benefits and privileges, rights and responsibilites that accompany the position.  Including really cool uniforms.  And life insurance. 
Life insurance.
Ugh.
It hits a mom straight in the gut when her baby boy calls and says he's listing her as beneficiary in case something should happen to him! 
Nothing's going to happen!
Because he's just a baby.
My baby.
My almost 21 year old baby.
When did this happen?

I'm feeling old.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might be feeling old but you are still as beautiful as the first day I saw you at the fire station 24 years ago. Hubby-Lem

Anonymous said...

Awe! Daddy is so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Awe! Daddy is so sweet!