Monday, July 19, 2010

What do dorky homeschool families do on weekends?


The hang out at the local University. 

Especially when there's a Business Industry & Technology Expo!

We got to watch the S.W.A.T team climb up the ladder of the fire engine onto the roof of the Convocation Center and rappel down the side of the building.  We got to go inside the Mobile Command Center and check out the Crisis Negotiation room, the satellite phones, the computers and equipment they use.  We got to inspect the phones they throw out to bank robbers that are holding people hostage!! 

We got to HOLD a machine gun!  (OK so it wasn't loaded...but still!)

We got to talk to members of the WMD National Guard unit about how they detect bomb stuff, explosives, and other such interesting and scary type things!

We got to control robots using Game Cube controllers and make them scoop up wiffle balls and throw them through basketball hoops. 

We got to make slime!  And look at human liver under the microscope!  And pet the K-9 unit's Bloodhound and the bomb-sniffing German Shepherd and talk to the handler!  And...

WE FORGOT TO GO UPSTAIRS TO THE CSI, FORENSIC LAB DISPLAY!!!

NOOOOOO!

That WOULD have been my favorite part!  I just know it! 

But, I just had to let my husband talk me into getting a free analysis of my spine at the Chiropractic booth and naturally the man tells me I'm all out of whack and then my back started hurting, of course so...

Maybe next year!



1 comment:

a Tonggu Momma said...

*gasp* You forgot to check out the CSI display? Are y'all DEAD or something?!!?!?!!