Sunday, May 23, 2010

PROM 2010

The Oldest & date, Senior prom 2008.

Getting your SON ready for prom involves:

Finding out what color his date is weraing.
Ordering her corsage.
Picking up the tux.
Making dinner reservations.
Being sure he washed the vehicle!
Taking a few photos as he rolls his eyes.

Getting your DAUGHTER ready for prom involves:



Shopping for a dress.
Shopping for a dress.
Shopping for a dress.
Having the dress altered/hemmed.
Finding the right shoes.
Searching for accessories.
Making a hair appointment.
Looking in every magazine and internet site for the right hairdo!
Printing photos of the hairdo to take to the salon.
Trying to get just enough sun that she doesn't blend in with the dress.
Ordering the boy's flower.
Having toes, nails and eyebrows done.
Going to the beauty salon at noon.
Having make-up done an hour later.
Making her eat a little something so she doesn't get sick.
Last minute dash to the department store...because Mom picked up the wrong underwear, and she can't wear a thong under a short dress!
Touching up hairdo one last time.
Picking up the young man's flower.
Several phone calls from the girl throughout the evening.
Hosting an after-party for her and her sweet friends.


It's much more exciting with girls...
Just sayin'


I can't believe my beautiful baby is old enough for prom! 
I went to MY junior prom with her daddy!

I love you Darling Daughter. 
You looked like an angel tonight.
I'm glad you had so much fun.
You had the perfect gentleman for a date...such a wonderful boy!
Cherish the memories you're making.
I know I am!

3 comments:

Hezra said...

wow! too pretty. um not the guys... they look very nice. your DD is amazingly beautiful! I have to say... you wasted that last minute run for undies-- that was your chance for HUGE practical joke. I do mean HUGE. lolol if you give me your email I will send you photographic evidence of MY christmas am!

The Momster said...

I love this article and the pictures! I had to laugh at all the boy does versus the girl! Guys never get how much effort goes into being ready for the prom!!!

The girls dresses were gorgeous! Almost makes me envious because we always wore those PUFFY things...!

I just thought...there's little Darling Daughter, who used to wear pink glasses... :)

a Tonggu Momma said...

BwwwaaaaaHaHaHaHa! I just hope their dates were worthy of them.