Friday, May 21, 2010

The Cyrus Virus

Hindsight is 20/20, right?

So do you suppose one day Miley Cyrus' mom and dad will look back and wish that they'd kept their talented twelve year old daughter back in Franklin, TN instead of moving her out to Hollywood?



Do you think they'll wish they hadn't exposed her to people who don't have her best interest at heart?  Will they regret the decision to let her change her name?  Will they wish they hadn't let their 15 year old pose for suggestive photos wrapped in a bedsheet?  Will they wish they'd paid attention to what their daughter was doing before she posted pictures of herself in her underpants on the internet?  Will they lament letting their teenaged child date much older guys?  How about letting her dance on a pole  like a stripper at the Teen Choice Awards?  Or give a LAP DANCE to the director of her last movie? 

Will they wish they'd stayed at home in Tennessee and taught her some manners and modesty?

Probably not.

But just in case the rest of us parents of young girls think WE might live to regret it if our daughters grew up to be skanks...maybe we should look for different role models for our daughters right away!!



And listening to those lyrics? 
 (Which I'm posting at the bottom of this post if you're curious enough to read them.)

Letting our daughters look up to THAT? 

In my opinion, that's the sort of thing that leads to THIS!
Here are the lyrics to Miley's newest song.  Just what I want my daughter singing, to be sure!
                                    I'm so thankful my own girl is past the Hannah Montana stage.



For those who don't know me, I can get a bit crazy
Have to get my way, 24 hours a day
'Cause I'm hot like that
Every guy everywhere just gives me mad attention
Like I'm under inspection, I always get the 10s
'Cause I'm built like that


I go through guys like money flyin' out their hands
They try to change me but they realize they can't
And every tomorrow is a day I never planned
If you're gonna be my man, understand

[Chorus]


I can't be tamed, I can't be saved
I can't be blamed, I can't, can't
I can't be tamed, I can't be changed
I can't be saved, I can't be (can't be)
I can't be tamed




If I see my reflection about my intentions
I'll tell ya I'm not here to sell ya
Or tell ya to get to hell
I'm like a puzzle but all of my pieces are jagged
If you can understand this, we can make some magic
I'm on like that

5 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

And THIS is exactly why I am such a mean mom. I won't even let the Tongginator watch I-Carly because I just know that it will lead to other things too fast, too soon. Dora the Explorer is fine for now. And that's all I'm saying.

Hezra said...

I dunno, that Dora... lol. Yep, I hear ya. I saw wayyyy too much of this stuff at silly recital mama drama. I am amazed that they think it is "cute" to say "oh you dance so sassy" when their 5 year olds are dancing to "all the single ladies." or some song that said"they call me sexy." MY daughters are "stuck" in only ballet at the moment because they stay safer there. The music is generally nicer. But my 8 yo asked if she can be in hip hop. hmm, depends on the song they choose and the outfit... and whether it is a begin to strip kit or not. sheesh

Kiy said...

I am so thankful that MC will be a has-been by the time Emi is of that age. Sadly, there will be a slew of others to fill those shoes. But, I too will be 'that mama' ...

Oh, and don't even get me started on the whole 'dance' thing. At all.

Hezra said...

that was a joke about Dora. sorry if that wasnt clear. I am a little fuzzy brained today. OH MY gosh! S!! I have spent wayyy to much time looking at cruddy websites that are seriously scaring me and making me want to hide my poor girls. great. ewww!!

Tammy said...

We are done with Miley at our house. My 8 yr old and I actually had a discussion about why we are not supporting Miley any more. The girl needs some REAL parents!