Thursday, March 25, 2010

Verbal Sparring

Quatro to Pip Squeak while comparing their vocabulary work: "Hey...you got this one wrong. It asks 'Which of the following is a dwelling?' and you circled cabin, cottage, house and church. A church wouldn't be considered a dwelling."

Pip: "Yes, it would."

Quatro: "No, because a dwelling is a place where people live."

Pip: "I know that."

Quatro: "But you circled church."

Pip: "I know. I meant to."

Quatro looks at me for help: "Mom...tell him he's wrong."

Me: "Nope, can't do it. He's kind of right."

Quatro: "Well, who lives in church? Like nuns and stuff? I mean, I thought they lived beside their church. Like our preacher. Living beside the church doesn't make church a dwelling."

Pip: "It IS a dwelling, the Bible says so!"

Quatro: "What are you talking about?"

Pip: "The Bible says church is God's house. AND...it says I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever!"

1 comment:

a Tonggu Momma said...

Pip is one smart pip squeak.