Tuesday, March 9, 2010

She wants to be IN pictures? Literally?


Scene: Standing in the bathroom, helping Darling Daughter do something with her hair before The Boy picks her up. We were talking about all of the places she hopes to visit during her life.

"I definitely want to camp out at edge of the Grand Canyon. And go to kayaking in Alaska. I want to see the Northern Lights. And ride a gondola in Venice. And go to the Colosseum in Rome. And sit on Abe Lincoln's lap, you know, at the Lincoln Memorial! Will they let me do that? And I want to walk on the Great Wall of China, ride an elephant in Thailand like Uncle J, scuba dive in the Great Barrier Reef and visit the Parthenon in Greece. Oh! And touch the pyramids in Egypt. And...I've always wanted to stand on the rock from Lion King! Isn't Pride Rock in Africa??"

Umm...ummm...gee how do you explain to a sixteen year old that the Lion King isn't real? I mean, I don't sure don't want to be the one to spoil her belief in singing, dancing hyenas!

Are you SERIOUS??

"Nah...I was just seeing if you were paying attention!"

2 comments: