Monday, February 1, 2010

We Can't Wait!

The excitement level around here is increasing on a daily basis. I'm not entirely sure we'll be able to stand it for almost two more weeks. Our twins have already formulated elaborate plans to camp out overnight in front of the movie theater so that they can be first in line to get their tickets!!

OK, no I haven't really broken it to them yet that they won't be dropped off at the curb by themselves in the middle of the night. Or that probably there won't be an issue with getting tickets. I mean, it's not like a Harry Potter premiere or a Twilight debut.

But still.

I have some die-hard Percy Jackson fans around here and they can't wait for the movie!

Percy Jackson and the Olympians, The Lightning Thief will be in theaters on February 12. Scream! Shriek! Squeal!

Well, no, twelve year old boys don't do the shriek thing.

Fist bump, dude!

Can you even believe it? I mean, we've been waiting MONTHS for this. The boys read all of the Percy Jackson books over the summer and loved them! I hope the movie isn't a disaster. I hope they didn't change too much of the plot or characters or anything, because these are good books just as they are. They're full of adventure, humor, a little suspense and a little puppy-love. I'm slightly worried because the boy who's playing Percy does NOT look like a twelve year old to me. He looks about seventeen. The official website states that Percy is a high-schooler whereas in the books Percy's in about the 6th or 7th grade. I'm a little concerned that the producers may have decided to add to it some in order to draw an older fan base. We shall see. The trailer looks cool...lots of special effects. Uma Thurman should make an interesting Medusa. And Pierce Brosnan as Chiron? Umm, yeah. OK. Anyway, I'll be sitting somewhere in the middle of the theater with a handsome young man on each side of me and a big box of Milk Duds in my lap come February 12. I'll let you know what we think.




Then there's another movie...we just saw the trailer for this one a few days ago. Diary of a Wimpy Kid. It looks absolutely perfect. The little fellow that plays Greg is adorable! This movie looks like it'll be as hilarious as the books and probably very age-appropriate, too. We'll have to wait until April to find out.




In the mean time, I guess we'll have to see Percy Jackson a few hundred times.




2 comments:

The Momster said...

Whenever we see the previews, we decide we want to see this movie a little more. She even wants to read the books now... Go figure. :)

a Tonggu Momma said...

My nephew is obsessed with this movie. And he hasn't even seen it yet.