Macaroni and cheese that your family will love...without too much work.
2 cups macaroni noodles
4 tbsp. butter (1/2 stick)
2 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup sour cream
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
1/2 tsp. pepper
1. Boil and drain macaroni noodles according to package directions.
2. In a saucepan, mix butter and shredded cheese, stirring over low heat until cheese is melted.
3. Combine remaining ingredients (except eggs) and add to saucepan.
4. In a small bowl, beat the eggs and then temper them by adding a little of the cheese mixture...about a tablespoon at a time...and beating well until the eggs are brought up to temperature.
5. Add eggs to cheese mixture and cook over low-medium heat for a few more minutes, stirring constantly.
6. Pour cheese mixture over noodles and stir well.
That's it. Enjoy!