Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wednesday Prayer Meetin'

Revelation 7:17


"For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd;

he will lead them to springs of living water.

And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."


Life has thrown some unexpected challenges my way this past week.

There have been attitude problems (others attitudes and my own!) Disagreements and arguments have arisen. Illness and aging grandparents and decisions that need to be made.
Lots of tears have been shed.

Family members don't see eye to eye.

And through it all, what have I done?

Have I remained calm and clear-headed?

No.

Have I turned it all over to the Lord and let Him lead?

Of course not.

Have I prayed about it and trusted Him for guidance?

I wish I could say that I have.



Instead, I've let my temper get the best of me.

I've snapped at my children and yelled at my husband.

I've stomped around insisting that I know what to do, and if everyone would just listen to me and do what I say, things would be just fine...when really I don't have a clue.



So this morning, when I began looking for a song, God smacked me right between the eyes!

He does things like that sometimes.

Because sometimes I really need it!



Why am I trying to find my own way again?

I don't have all the answers, but I know the One who does.

I'm nothing without Him.

Why can't I remember that?

Each time I forget that and move forward on my own, I end up frustrated and uncertain.

I search for the right path to take and get lost.

But every time I DO trust Him and let Him lead me where I need to go...HE DOES!

Because He knows where I'm supposed to be heading.

It's scary to hand over the reigns and let God take control...again.
But I know that's what I should do.

He knows what needs to be done, which decision is best for all of us.

It's up to me to step back and let Him show me now.



Pray for me to practice what I keep preaching to my kids.

Pray for guidance in the decisions that need to be made within our extended family.

Pray that I will find the courage to put those decisions into place when the time comes.
And pray that my family will still love me once I do.







2 comments:

Chelsea Gour said...

Praying in Charleston for all of you. Wisdom and peace.

Tammy said...

I love that song!!

And life is SO hard....saying a prayer for you this morning.

Please continue to pray for my step-dad, Bobby, who lost his job and is looking!! My folks are filled with such faith and are trusting the Lord during this time of testing.