Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wednesday Prayer Meetin'


We need big prayers this week!
Our little buddy Seth and his family are leaving Friday to travel to St. Louis for Seth's Selective Dorsal Rhizotomy surgery. Yes, it's finally here. The funds have been raised, the papers filled out, the doctors are ready...and God has put it all into place.
This is the surgery that could made it possible for Seth to WALK!
This is the surgery that made it possible for my Pip Squeak to do all the things he does today as a healthy twelve year old. I'm so thankful we had access to this procedure eight years ago. It has been a blessing we could never have imagined.
However, as wonderful as the results can be...the surgery itself is painful. The recovery is lengthy and exhausting, lots of physical therapy and strengthening lie ahead...but in the end, SO worth it all!
Please be in prayer for little Seth and his family. Pray for the doctors and surgeons that will be operating on Seth. Pray for the nurses and medical staff that will provide care. Pray for compassion toward this small boy and understanding of his fears. Pray for peace for his mama and daddy. Pray for good health for Seth's brothers who will be traveling with him, too. Pray for healing and for as little pain as possible! Pray for his mama to text message me and let me know how he's doing. Because if she doesn't, I'm going to have to drag her out on the mats the next time she shows up at jiu jitsu!! Sherry...that means CALL ME, girl! We love y'all!!
I will update when I know something!



I can count a million times

People asking me how I

Can praise You with all that I've gone through

The question just amazes me

Can circumstances possibly

Change who I forever am in You

Maybe since my life was changed

Long before these rainy days

It's never really ever crossed my mind

To turn my back on you, oh Lord

My only shelter from the storm

But instead I draw closer through these times

So I pray

Bring me joy, bring me peace

Bring the chance to be free

Bring me anything that brings You glory

And I know there'll be days

When this life brings me pain

But if that's what it takes to praise You

Jesus, bring the rain

I am Yours regardless of

The dark clouds that may loom above

Because You are much greater than my pain

You who made a way for me

By suffering Your destiny

So tell me what's a little rain

So I pray Holy, holy, holy Is the Lord God Almighty

No comments: