Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wednesday Prayer Meetin'

2 Corinthians 4: 17-18


For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

This morning I read about a local family who lost their precious four year old daughter on Monday evening. How heartbreaking to lose your child in such a way. It's impossible to imagine what it must be like to lose a little one so unexpectedly. I'm so sorry for their loss. Please pray for this small one's family.
It's a reminder that we aren't promised tomorrow. We can't know what the future holds. The Bible describes our lives as vapor...here today and gone tomorrow. We live our lives just one heartbeat from death and eternity. From the moment we're born, we are headed straight toward death. The knowledge that our lives are so fragile and fleeting can be unsettling. It can fill us with fear and despair.
Or...
We can look at this life and be thankful this isn't all! We're promised so much more. When we close our eyes for the last time here on earth, we could open them to Jesus...forever!
The understanding that this life is not all there is brings hope to my heart. There's something better. We weren't created only to wander this world and wither away. We were created for so much more.
I know that I'm one heartbeat from death every day. And that doesn't scare me one bit. It excites me. I'm one heartbeat from spending forever with my creator who loves me so much that He made a way for me to be with Him always. The one who holds the future will hold me in His arms. I'm so thankful for that! What peace we can have in the future when we know where we're headed!
Please pray for Macy's family this week.
You can add your requests in the comments. We WILL pray for you. :)

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I've been hit or miss on the blogging thing lately....sorry.

I am requesting prayer for my step-father who lost his job (of 16 years) and has found himself in his mid 60's looking for another job. Not at all what my parents expected at this time of their life.

He was only 5 years away from being financially able to retire. He knows God is in control!

Thanks! :-)