Friday, October 2, 2009

It's that time again...

Time to help us decide what Lucy should be for Halloween.
Last year, our little 7 pound horror dressed as a pirate, complete with doggie dreadlocks.




Sadly, this year Miss Lucy (or Fatback as we now call her) has stolen a few too many bites of steak and chunks of bacon. She's got a bit more baggage in her trunk. Packed on a few pounds.
The dog is FAT, ok? She weighs 11 pounds, and trust me, it's not a good look for her. Who knew that switching her from dry food to that "moist and meaty" junk would plump her up like a Thanksgiving turkey? I mean, it's not as if she doesn't get an over abundance of exercise chasing birds, butterflies and leaves all over the back yard 24/7. She's on a diet...but I doubt she's going to fit that spare tire around her middle into the Pirate costume by Halloween.
Which means that YOU need to help me out.
Which costume should we pick for Lucy this year?
Just please don't pick the devil one no matter how appropriate it may be. Because honestly, the dog is a devil EVERY day.
You can click here to go to Petsmart's Halloween Shop or here to check out Walmart's choices. I'm leaning toward the firedog or the Little Mermaid. Or perhaps the skunk! She is rotten and stinky, after all. What do you think? Go click a button and help me out.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

SKUNK!!!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Since she's packed on a bit of poundage, wouldn't the pumpkin or cow look be appropriate?

Sara S said...

an overweight mermaid.. the image just cracks me up... :) I voted...