Monday, October 26, 2009

It's not Wednesday yet, but...

There are several people who are in need of your thoughts and prayers TODAY.
Please take a moment to remember Seth in your prayers. His family is in St. Louis this week for Seth's Selective Dorsal Rhizotomy surgery. This procedure is being done by the best doctor in the country, and hopefully will allow Seth to use his legs more easily...possibly even walk on his own! Seth's surgery was scheduled for today. I will update when I hear something from his mom, but I know that they would appreciate your prayers for their little boy. You can check on his progress here. (You'll need to sign up, but then you could say "Hi" and leave a message if you want.) This won't be an easy journey for Seth, but it could very well be a life-changing one!
Also, my cousin's wife, Jill, could use your prayers TODAY. Jill and my cousin, Russell are newlyweds (just a couple of years now) and live in Oklahoma. She's in her mid-twenties and they're expecting their first child. Jill was given the Swine Flu vaccine not quite two weeks ago. She was not ill before receiving the vaccine. Within 24-48 hours afterward, she was very, very sick. She's in ICU now, in critical condition, with pneumonia in both lungs, a staph infection in her lungs, is on oxygen and has had to have several blood transfusions. (I don't know why this has happened. I'm not advocating for or against any vaccines here. I wasn't getting them for my family anyway. BUT, for whatever reason, Jill was not sick beforehand, and now she's clinging to life by a thin thread.) Things do not look good for Jill at this point. She's only allowed brief visits and she is too weak to speak. Please say a prayer for this young family. Ask God to protect the baby, too...she's only about 5 months along.
I'll be back tomorrow...hopefully with happy updates and praises!

2 comments:

The Momster said...

Prayers going out for Seth and the surgeons and his family. And Jill and Russell and the rest of your family and that precious life.

keep us posted.

a Tonggu Momma said...

Oh my goodness... prayers going out for Seth, Jill, the baby and their families.