Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Wednesday Prayer Meetin'

Salmos 118:24
Este es el día que hizo Jehová; Nos gozaremos y alegraremos en él.
What??
This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Two of my kids are deep into Espanol at the moment.
Moving right along...


Ok, so I lied.


Well, not really. I mean, I meant to have an adorable photo of Little Man Landen today all smiley in his little t-shirt with a skull on the front (I cannot help what his mama puts on him, he's not mine and anyway it's actually cute) but she did not even bring my favorite baby to Jiu Jitsu last night and then she tried to send the picture to my phone a few dozen times and it never worked...sigh...so...no picture of Mr. Adorable today.

Sorry.

Also...I was going to say how well he's been doing and all. Because he was. Doing tremendously. Or so it seemed. He was eating well and he's sitting and crawling and happy and pooping and everything.

But.

He had to have blood work yesterday because he isn't gaining weight like he did at first. He's growing longer/taller, but he's unable to keep gaining weight at a pace to match that. Possibly his kidneys aren't keeping up. I promise to let you know as soon as I know. In the meantime, if you could pray for the little fellow, that would be terrific! He's been through quite enough already.

I'd also like to ask you to say a prayer for my Pip Squeak. He'll be missing the Jiu Jitsu tournament this weekend. He's been experiencing a lot of pain in his lower back and pelvis on the left side. At first, we thought it may just be a pulled muscle or something, but even with massages and chiropractic care, it isn't getting any better. He is hurting so badly now that Tylenol and Biofreeze don't help, and he's walking hunched over like a little old man. We have an appointment with the Orthopedic doctor on Tuesday. Please pray that there's nothing seriously wrong as Pip is absolutely terrified of having to have any surgery again. And please pray that his pain would subside. I hate seeing him hobble around and feel bad.

Other than that, well, be thankful.


What do you mean, "thankful for what"?? Well, if you're sitting there reading blogs you probably have electricity. Aha! Let me tell you, we spent Sunday with no water and I'm VERY thankful that I can usually take a bath and drink water any time I choose! Something to be thankful for!

2 comments:

The Momster said...

Okay...big secret time. I've put in for a job with the local school system as a Parapro in their Exceptional Children's Program. I figure it's the field I'm studying and the new program that I start in January - well most of the students are parapros... so I could work and go to school. And help out with the financial stuff here at home. Nobody knows about this other than my immediate family and the teachers that I've contacted to do the reference paperwork. I'll be dropping those forms off at the schools for them today. And doing a lot of praying. Because God keeps redirecting me where He wants me to be... Thanks!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Oh, I'll be praying for them both. And I am thankful I have electricity... and water. And a day to myself after a very hectic week. Mostly, though, I'm thankful that God loves me even though I continually mess up.