Saturday, September 5, 2009

A "Labor" Day Meme

In honor of the holiday weekend (and because I can't think of anything else to write about) I lifted this meme from Rocks in My Dryer (who first posted it last year). It's all about Labor Day. Not the kind we're celebrating with chicken wings and football games, but the kind that moms will never forget. Unless your kids are old like mine and the details are a little more fuzzy than they used to be. If you'd like to play along, leave a comment so we can follow you to your answers.

How long were your labors?
  1. Oldest: approximately 22 hours. He really didn't want to face the world.
  2. Darling Daughter: 9 hours. She was such an easy labor and birth!
  3. Twins: not quite 5 hours

How did you know you were in labor?

  1. Oldest: My co-workers clued me in. No really! What can I say, I was really young and unsure of myself.
  2. Darling Daughter: Woke up lazily on a Saturday morning to moderate contractions.
  3. Twins: Woke up in the middle of the night in a panic and pain!

Where did you deliver?

  1. Oldest: Lovely L & D suite in hospital
  2. Darling Daughter: Lovely L & D suite in hospital, in Houston, TX
  3. Twins: Not sure exactly, but I'm pretty sure it was somewhere off the ER when we arrived by ambulance.

Drugs?

  1. Oldest: Are you kidding?? Yes! I thought I wanted an epidural, but it wasn't all that great.
  2. Darling Daughter: Something called Stadol I think. No needles in the back this time. I remember I still had pain, but it seemed really far away. Very freaky.
  3. Twins: Epidural. No choice in the matter.

C-Section?

  1. Oldest: No.
  2. Darling Daughter: No.
  3. Twins: Yes.

Who delivered?

  1. Oldest: My doctor. Had to suction the kid out of there. I got a tiny conehead with bruises on his face as a reward for 22 hours of labor. But he was a cute little conehead. He still doesn't like to try new experiences all that much.
  2. Darling Daughter: The doctor on call came in just in time to catch her as she literally popped out. Fast. She still meets life full-force once she makes her mind up.
  3. Twins: The chief of emergency medicine, according to their birth certificates. He had lots of help. There must have been 15 people in the room.

That's it. See, it's easy! Play along! Come on, you know you want to!