Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Wednesday Prayer Meetin'

Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow;


Praise Him, all creatures here below;


Praise Him above, ye heavenly host;


Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.




Would you like some good news this Wednesday??




You would??




Well, I'm not giving you any.



I'm ESPECIALLY not giving you any concerning that sweet brown-eyed baby boy!
Because you don't really want to know what the doctor said this morning or how he's doing.
Right?
So I won't share with you what his mom told me when she called today.
Instead, I'll tell you that my friend and bloggy buddy who had some tests run last week...she got terrific news! She's cancer-free!
And my surgery? Well, it turns out that I don't have to be the guinea pig after all.
My mom does!
Praise the LORD!
Just kidding, mom. The doctor knows what he's doing, I'm sure.
But at least he will have practiced on you a little bit before he moves on to me!
And oh, my daughter survived a week of organic food and made it home safely on Sunday.
What's that?
Stop rambling and tell you how Landen's doing, already?
Twist my arm.
Ouch! OK. Stop! That hurts!
Well...
The feeding tube has been removed for the past few days.
And he's eating well.
And he's gained 2.5 pounds!
And he's pooping like he's supposed to!!
So...
It has been determined...
That his surgery was a SUCCESS!
Landen has beaten all the odds. He made it through the procedure, he didn't have to go to ICU, they didn't have to cut into his bowels, he is alive and eating and pooping and he's growing!
It worked!
Thank you, God, for being so good to Landen and his family!
Thank YOU for praying for this precious little boy!
To God be the glory, great things He hath done!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

YEAH!!!! for everything, especially for heather surviving the organic food LOL

Brianna said...

YAY!!! Like a kazillion times over!
:D