Monday, August 3, 2009

One down, 179 to go!

The twins began homeschooling today and I totally forgot to take a "First Day of School" picture!! Do you think it would be cheating if I take it tomorrow instead??

We started school a little earlier than I had planned, because we already know we will need to take about a week off when I have my surgery. The boys didn't want to fall too far behind and have to go to school next summer. And since homeschoolers in our state don't get sick days...

It's obvious already that one twin (who shall remain nameless, you can guess if you want, but so far everyone has guessed the wrong one) is going to try me...you know, to see how LITTLE effort he can get by with. He paid attention to me during every lesson. Let's just say he didn't put one ounce of extra work into anything unless I threatened to make him do it all over as "homework." (But isn't it ALL homework now, anyway??) He'll learn, though. I'm just going to have to let him yank the rug right out from under his own two feet and fall flat on his face first, I guess. His brother...ahh...he's a dream. He does his best at all of it. Except for math!

Again, no names, but one twin is way ahead of the other in math. He was bored to death and giggling through math today. Granted, there was a lot of review, but his twin NEEDS that review and he doesn't. He won't be laughing when his 7th grade cd's arrive!! Mama will!!

We took about an hour for lunch today, just trying to get a feel for how things will move along. Both twins say lunch was the best part of the day. Darling Daughter played the part of Lunch Lady, cooking up some macaroni and dishing it out along with watermelon, apples and peaches. Too bad she has to go to school in a couple of weeks. She makes an excellent cafeteria worker and she provides the comic relief we need!

2 comments:

Hezra said...

so wishing I had a teenager willing to cook. And I would SO be homeschoolin' that chicaboo. lol MY boys are having that same isue. One hates math and is so far behind I am thoroughly embarrassed. The other hates it all. I am now required to homeschool them. lol if they went to regular schools they would be hanging with kids two yrs younger. Well, NOT for long,heh heh heh. Mama is about to unload. The homeschool math camp PLUS everyday school. They will regret the fooling around they have done.(please God, let it be that way and not that I will regret that I have chosen to homeschool them?)

Hezra said...

so wishing I had a teenager willing to cook. And I would SO be homeschoolin' that chicaboo. lol MY boys are having that same isue. One hates math and is so far behind I am thoroughly embarrassed. The other hates it all. I am now required to homeschool them. lol if they went to regular schools they would be hanging with kids two yrs younger. Well, NOT for long,heh heh heh. Mama is about to unload. The homeschool math camp PLUS everyday school. They will regret the fooling around they have done.(please God, let it be that way and not that I will regret that I have chosen to homeschool them?)