Friday, July 31, 2009

It's too quiet around here!

My hubby is at work. The Oldest sleeps till noon and then goes to work, runs emergency call, goes swimming with friends, or out for the evening. My boys spend their summer days doing the "Twin" thing...playing video games, checking out computer sites, trying out the skateboard, jumping into the pool...and consuming anything it sight that's edible. And they pretty much ignore their mama! I've been relegated to talking to myself as I fold clothes and make breakfast. And I'm bored. So bored.

Because my chatterbox, companion and partner-in-crime? Yeah, she's abandoned me this week. Darling Daughter is hanging out down by the coast with the Gour Family. Chelsea's been sweet enough to blog some of their activities so I won't miss her too much and I can see that she's still alive! She's been to The Market, the beach, the pool, and Kilwin's. She's played in the ocean with Claire, eaten organic Cinnamon Toast Crunch and endured horrible storms and jelly-fish stings (not her, one of Chelsea's twins) and she's having a wonderful time. While I sit home all by myself and watch Toddlers and Tiaras!!

She'll be home on Sunday and then the frantic back-to-school frenzie begins. Volleyball practice, cross country training, jiu jitsu, shopping for clothes and supplies, and an interview for Teen Board at the Children's Hospital. Plus, the twins will be turning 12 in a couple of weeks. Ugh!!

At least I'll have something to blog about, right??

No comments: