Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Dingbat Diaries, Boy Version, vol.3

I mentioned last week that the twins and I are reading the Percy Jackson series in which Percy (Perseus) Jackson finds out that he's no ordinary 12 year old kid. He's actually a son of the god of the sea, Poseidon. These books are really interesting, and the boys have been known to argue heatedly over who gets to read ahead in the book during afternoon "room time."

And they're actually delving into Greek Mythology on their own.

Quatro had the book to himself one day this week and came to share the results of Percy's lastest battle with me. I asked him a few questions about other characters...

"Who was the god of the sky again??"

Zeus!

"And the war god? What was his name?"

Ares! (In the book he rides a motorcycle and carries weapons.)

"And the god of the underworld? The one who hates Percy's dad?"

HAZ-MAT!

Haz-Mat? Possibly he's been hanging around his dad and older brother too much this summer? I'm pretty sure Haz-Mat has more to do with dangerous materials and their recovery. Not Hades and the underworld.

2 comments:

Brianna said...

I could'ave told you that from my many years as a child studying Hercules....... the Disney movie.:)

a Tonggu Momma said...

*gasp* you mean it ISN'T Haz-Mat???