Saturday, June 13, 2009

Whoa.

It's too quiet around here.
The teenagers left for West Virginia at 3:00 AM this morning, and they won't be back until next Saturday evening.
AND THEY DIDN'T GET TO TAKE THEIR CELL PHONES!!
Youth Pastor, dear, I like you. I really do. But come on. What were you thinking? No talking to my kids for 7 days? That's a little extreme in this day and age where we are in constant contact. I mean, I usually know instantly if someone SNEEZED within earshot of my daughter. Do you really expect 36 teenagers NOT to text all week? I'm letting you in on a little secret. Of the four teens who came from this house last night...two of them sneaked their phones on the bus with them anyway. Yep. I'm not telling you who, but one of them is mine and the other isn't. Do not search their bags. You won't find the phones. (Insert evil laughter here.) Of course I didn't tell them to take their phones, that would telling them to be disobedient. I just looked the other way while they hid them.
I can't wait to hear about the trip. I hope Darling Daughter takes lots of pictures. (Because I know the Oldest won't take a single one.) I hope God blesses them this week.
And I hope they sneak somewhere and call their MOMMY!

2 comments:

Brianna said...

LOL I snuck my phone when we took a trip to Disney World last year. Lots of people did actually. No different than texting at school. Teens are used to the sneaking around stuff. That really doesn't make me feel any better about it and I'm sure it doesn't for you either... nevermind! :)
They'll call. Trust me. :)

a Tonggu Momma said...

But WHERE did they hide them?