Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Wednesday Prayer Meetin'

Psalm 56: 3 & 4


What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.
In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust;


I will not fear what flesh can do unto me...






Landen's surgery has been scheduled. Surgeons will attempt to enlarge the hole in the bottom of his stomach so that it will match up with the size of his intestines. There's also a possibility that they will have to operate on a portion of his intestines. Landen's mommy shared with me tonight that the doctors told her that this particular procedure has been done 23 times in the United States. It has been successful three times. Three.


Twelve children have died during or immediately following the surgery.



This is the only chance Landen has.


On July 13 his mommy has to hand him over knowing these odds.


Please, pray for peace about their decision. Pray for hope in their hearts. Pray for comfort, knowing that God is with them through every moment. Pray for guidance for these gifted doctors as they try to make Landen better. Pray for healing for protection during the operation and healing for precious Landen.



Sherry, my dear friend, God is with you. He promised He would NEVER leave us. He loves your sweet baby boy even more than we can comprehend, and He already knows the outcome. We love y'all and won't stop praying until Landen's home and healthy!


If you want to take Landen's button to the right and add it to your blog, please copy it and paste it...I don't know how to do the code, but we're working on it.


Also...Landen's big brother, Seth, is in need of your prayers, too. Seth is four years old, has Cerebral Palsy and needs surgery on his spine. It's the same procedure that Pip Squeak had when he was four. This is the surgery that made it possible for him to learn to walk. Seth has a chance to get the same surgery, but he has to go to St. Louis! Our local fire department is working on a fundraiser to make it possible. You can read more about it here. And if you live around here...show up and help out! Come help make a difference in a little boy's life. This surgery is literally LIFE CHANGING! Without it, my Pip Squeak would be confined to a wheelchair instead of kicking butt in Jiu Jitsu!





3 comments:

The Momster said...

Got a prayer request, although the details are sketchy. My nephew Joseph, who is getting married in 16 days has been told that he has permanent liver, kidney and brain damage from a heatstroke he suffered after running with this platoon on base two weeks ago. He and Dani are going to meet with the doctors tomorrow to find out more information. He has been told by the drs that he needs to find another post within the army...he cannot suffer anything else like this. He was scheduled to go overseas in November.
This family has just constantly been under attack. First my neice's health. Then my BIL's total religious breakdown , my sister's health problems and now this. Please pray for strength.

Brianna said...

I didn't realize the seriousness of Landen's condition until you gave me those odds and I 'bout cried. I don't know him, but I can only imagine what it's like. I'm in constant prayer for this precious little boy.

a Tonggu Momma said...

I will be praying. Really praying.