Sunday, June 28, 2009

Stop the World...

I want to get off now!
This has been one of the weirdest weeks in recent memory.
We began the week with one sick puppy Yes, Lucy the Demon Dog had a round of vomiting and diarrhea which lasted about 24 hours. Lovely. I have photographic evidence of the mess she made in my laundry room during her bout with an upset stomach. Oh, I wish I was kidding, I really do. I was quite surprised to see doggie diarrhea downloaded into a photo folder full of summer fun on my laptop. Thank you, Quatro, for documenting Lucy's puke and poop for me! Also, thanks Michelle, who knew just what we should do for our precious little pooch. I never know dogs could have Pepto Bismol.
Moving right along, Quatro himself caught some sort of stomach bug Monday night. (No, I did not return the favor and take pictures.) As the twins and I sat in the living room reading, he got more and more pale, clammy, achy and nauseous. By eleven pm he was wishing he could throw up, because he thought that might make things better. However, after cleaning up Lucy's messes, I had had enough of the vomit. Cleaning up after a 5 foot boy is a little worse than cleaning up after a 7 pound dog. I gave him a phenergan and he went to sleep. In the morning...ALL BETTER.
And then...yes, it gets better. Then, Wednesday evening at supper I began having really sharp, stabbing pains in my lower abdomen area along with nausea. Fun. The pain got worse, the nausea did not. By Thursday morning I was in the GYN's office having an ultrasound. Surprise!! No babies in there! (Not really a surprise, since I cannot get pregnant.) It turns out I had had an ovarian cyst that ruptured. Along with a very tender appendix. I got to stay in bed for the rest of Thursday and all of Friday. On medication. And sleep. And while I was in bed...
The windshield in the car cracked. Hubby smacked at a gnat on the inside of the windshield and crrraaaccck. From one side to another. Stupid piece of junk GMC. Oh, but the gnat? It turns out the gnat was on the OUTside anyway! And then...
Yesterday's post in which the Oldest was staged along with his fire department outside a stand-off with a dangerous criminal who shot at police and then killed himself. AND THEN...
Last night the Oldest went to a house fire. Once it was put out (major damage, by the way) the chief and several firefighters went inside to discover that someone had used an accelerant to write BURN and such all over the walls. Yeah. And then...
Darling Daughter fell down the stairs and got hit in the head by the hatch door on the back of the Tahoe. Not at the same time, but on the same day. And then...
Our governor disappears and turns up days later with a foreign mistress and lots of tears.
And then...
I finally wake up from my three day fog to find out that Farrah Fawcett, Ed MacMahon and Michael Jackson died??
Too much excitement for one week. Too much. I may take another pill and stick my head back under the covers for a while. Wake me when I'm at the beach!

2 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

Sometimes you're the bug... sometimes you're the windshield. And sometimes you're the hand that smashed the windshield, but failed to smash the bug.

Brianna said...

I love what Tonggu Mamma said. Very Well put and I may just steal that and use it as a quote. :)

But I laughed the enitre post today. :D It was great. Sorry your week sucked, but you added some humor into mine. Thanks! :)