Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Weekend Fun

Who says teenagers are selfish? Darling Daughter and her friends spent Friday night at Relay For Life playing with a cow and helping with the henna tattoo table that one of their school clubs had set up.


This is her friend, Dhaval. His family is from India as are several other kids in their class. The girls did an amazing job with the henna artwork. Darling Daughter has one on her hand and wrist...it's very intricate. Those young ladies are talented! They made a lot of money for Relay For Life doing the henna tattoos for 1-5 $$ each. The dressed in traditional clothing and decorated their booth as well.

My daughter likes cows. Also, I'm pretty sure she KNOWS this particular cow as she has lots of friends that work at Chic-Fil-A.

The kids worked until midnight...and then several of them were at the church by 7am Saturday morning to build two wheelchair ramps at the home of one of their Youth Group friends. If you've never been on a "construction sight" with teens, let me just say this...they are all willing to work, but it takes a while to finish a project! Picture a 15 yr old girl with a nail gun...screaming will certainly follow. Usually from the girl HOLDING the nail gun and usually NOT because of any injury...just because she felt like shrieking when the nail came out!
Anyway, you can read more about the busy weekend over at Darling Daughter's blog. I know she'd love it if you'd stop by and say HI!
**The Hubby went back to work today. Please keep him in your prayers that he'll continue to heal since he's not allowed to lift anything heavier than 10 pounds and I like for him to carry me around at least every other day. I mean, why should I have to climb the stairs all by myself?? No, really, I would rather HE cut the grass and do the weedeater if at all possible in the future. I don't like it much. Get better, Hubby!!**


1 comment:

Brianna said...

I just recently actually started to "follow" your blog, and I'm still getting used to your wrting style. Very witty, and good spirited. I find myself anxious everytime I get on blogger to see if you've got anything new to say.
I admire your work. :D
I'm glad y'all let her go. I would have liked to go to Relay For Life this year, but I wasn't able to.