Friday, May 29, 2009

How you know when your brain needs a break...

The TV news anchor describes a hold-up at a local convenience store in which the robber points a gun at the "unarmed clerk"...and in your mind you think "Awww...how mean...stealing from a guy with no arms!"



You miss posting for your own Wednesday Prayer Meetin' because once again there was no school on Monday and you think it's Thursday and possibly you need to hire an assistant to remind you what day it is.

Your twins tell you they are in need of new underwear...so you go to the store and buy 18 new boys underpants...all in the same size. Now your LITTLE twin is wearing baggy britches. He could seriously pack his lunch back there.

You called the dentist's office about 30 times before you realized that the reason you keep getting the answering machine is not because they're eating breakfast, but because they're CLOSED.

You load up two children into your car to run some errands...go to sister-in-law's to drop off the tie that nephew needs to borrow, go to mother-in-law's to pick up overalls and cabbage, go to grandparents old house to pick up mail and newspaper, go to grandparents current house to drop off cabbage, mail, and paper, go to grocery store to pick up random items and only THEN realize that one of the children is wearing mismatched socks and no SHOES.

Is school out yet? Are they finished with exams, awards programs, tests, field days, luaus, parties and half-days?? Cause I'm tired and I want some time off now!

4 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

Oh, man, Source... you need some uninterrupted time just so that you can take a nap.

Brianna said...

I don't think anyone would have noticed if one of your kids came in the store without shoes. I did one time. That whole "no shoes, no shirt, no service" thing isn't really enforced very much.... well, I don't know about the no shirt part... they'd probably mind then.

Last week AFTER CHURCH, me and my cousins went to Augusta and we parked at the movies, but to waste time, we went shopping. I thought it would be a great idea to go to LifeWay (christian bookstore), but when we got there, it was closed. If only I had remembered that it was SUNDAY (they're closed on Sundays). If only I had remembered, then I wouldn't have had to illegally (I confess) J-walk across a major road just to get there.
:)

Darling Daughter. said...

I know! How about we go do your favorite things. such as: go bathin suit shopping, eat at chillis. its a date mommy!

Tammy said...

This totally sounds like my life, except throw in an 8 hour work day that begins at 0600! Then my second job begins the minute I get home. Some days STreSs gets the best of me.

Enjoy your summer!!