Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Wednesday Prayer Meetin'

"But he was pierced for our transgressions,

he was crushed for our iniquities;

the punishment that brought us peace was upon him,

and by his wounds we are healed."


Isaiah 53:5
The video above is absolutely beautiful! I hope you'll get a chance to watch it all the way through. The painting is amazing and the song is so soothing.
This week I don't really have any inspirational words. I'm sort of tapped out. I do have several prayer requests for people who are hurting or sick.
First, I'd like to ask you to remember the family of a young man who passed away from cancer on Saturday. Jeffrey was only 22 years old. Just a little older than our oldest son. Those of you who have smaller kids maybe won't fully understand until your babies are bigger, but it's true that your children are ALWAYS your babies. (I used to think my mom was nuts when she'd tell me that, but she really meant it!) Even when they're taller than you and they never eat dinner at home and they have jobs and college and a life outside of mom and dad...well...I cannot imagine how much sorrow Jeffrey's parents are experiencing. Pray for them, please.
Also, a 13 year old at our local middle school has just had a tumor removed from his brain. It's cancer. I'm not sure what the next step is for him, but I'm sure it won't be easy. Remember Jordan.
And our aunt, who recovered from cervical cancer a couple of years ago, just found out that it's in her bones now. Cancer seems to be everywhere these days. It's very discouraging to me to keep getting reports of people of so many different ages and walks of life that have all these types of cancer eating away at their bodies. Yet, I know there's healing to be had. God cares for us and though He never promised we wouldn't suffer in this life, He did promise that He would never leave us.
On a happier note, little Landon was back at Jiu Jitsu last night with his mommy. I got tons of sweet toothless smiles and he spent at least thirty minutes bouncing and gurgling in my lap. He has a feeding tube going through his nose right now. They will be doing a test on Friday to see if his stomach is functioning at all...it doesn't seem to be emptying. At this point the only way he's gaining any weight is on continuous feeds that go past his tummy. However, that is one HAPPY little fellow. And those big brown eyes! They'll melt your heart!
Oh! And we should hear something from Governor's School this week. I'm on pins and needles! Darling Daughter can't sleep! I hope it's good news!!
And finally, if you haven't got your taxes in the mail yet...I'll pray for you!!
OK, enough from me. How do you need prayer this week? Did your family have a good Easter? Is there anything concerning you today? Leave a comment, please.

3 comments:

Chelsea Gour said...

We have a little boy in our church family that had a tumor removed a few weeks ago too. His is also Cancer and he has begun his radiation and chemo treatments. Not fun. Remember Forester. I would also ask for prayers for Paul's family. Extended family actually. Aunts, Uncles and cousins. There is conflict going on that is spliting the family. We aren't taking sides and therefore had to go to two different homes for Easter in order to show that we weren't taking sides in this. It is a very emotional conflict and it promises to last a lifetime....so sad....I wish I knew how to help them heal.

a Tonggu Momma said...

Sigh. I hate cancer.

And I hope it's good news from the Governor's School, too! How amazing would that be!

As for us - major drama at our home. The husband's mom is now publicly dating a man, less than five months after his father's death. I have no comment, but you can imagine everyone else within the family and her small town does.

Tammy said...

Oh, such sad stories get to me. And cancer sure does stink, no matter what the victim's age!!

And praying for good news for your daughter!