Thursday, April 16, 2009

Things that make me go...what??!

Quatro was having a bad hair morning, so he came to me for help. As I combed the snarls out of his hair, he sat in front of me. He reached into his pocket, pulled out something and sniffed it. Then he said, "Blech!" and shrugged his shoulders and stuck it back in his pants.

"What was that?" I asked.

"Oh. My dirty socks." he replied.

"Um, in your pocket??"

"Yes, ma'am. They stink!! You want to smell them?"

"Should I even ask why you have dirty socks in your pocket??" I asked.

"Well, you told me to stop leaving them on the Living Room floor or else...so when I took them off I stuffed them in my pocket." he said.

(Ohh...so it's MY fault. Well, yes, I am quite tired of finding heaps and piles of his clothing under the sofa and beside the Wii. He takes off socks and shirts and leaves them everywhere. It's irritating to say the least.)

"Wait a minute..." I thought about it. "Do you mean to tell me that your wearing the SAME dirty pants you had on yesterday? WITH the stinky socks in the pocket??" Busted!

"I have socks in my bookbag, too!"

Never mind. Clearly this is on-the-job career training. He's practicing to be a Hobo when he grows up.

7 comments:

Chelsea Gour said...

That kid cracks me up! I don't know how you do it. I would just be laughing at them all the day long!

Brianna said...

Hey, (my best friend) James' life-long dream is to be a Hobo. I think he was just kidding, but ever since he said that, I've been telling people what his amazing aspiration is. :)
But that sounds just like something Christian, my little brother, would do... has done.... is still doing.


Brianna
(Chelsea's niece)

a Tonggu Momma said...

Aaahh... life with boys must be SO MUCH FUN!!!

Tammy said...

OH.MY.WORD.

I hate to admit it, but that sounds like my DAUGHTER! Perhaps over the next few year, she will graduate from refinement school.

mendyc said...

At least it was socks and not underwear, right?

Anonymous said...

Maybe thats why he smells. ;)

therextras said...

What?

He is advanced for his age, if he is not already a teenager. chkl.

Barbara