Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring What?


My lower back hurts. My arms are tired. There's no break in the spring around here! My twins packed a duffle bag with snacks, drinks and bb guns and went deep into the woods to escape. Darling Daughter LEFT and went to babysit...she's eating pretend salad with gummy bears and ice cream. There are 6 formal dresses hanging in the doorway between my living room and den. There are mounds and mounds of teenager clothing on every available surface of my den. There are stuffed animals piled high on the air hockey table. And the rest of Darling Daughter's junk is stashed conveniently on the floor in the kitchen! But her room is almost finished. The transformation is almost complete. And then I can have my house back. And Good Will can have five bags of clothes she doesn't want anymore! Her room is no longer shockingly bright...as in...toxic waste green...Pepto Bismol pink...electric blue and umm...purple. At the same time. Here's a before shot...well...before she stuck fifty million things on the walls with thumb tacks anyway. You really don't want to know how many tiny little holes I had to spackle. I think this photo was taken about 3 years ago.


And this is what her room looks like now. A few things still need to be done. She's getting some of her surfing pics enlarged and framed and her boyfriend is making her a surfboard in machine shop...with her name on it...to match her room. How sweet is that?? And how much more CALM is this space now??

4 comments:

mendyc said...

Nice! I LOVE the colors.

Tammy said...

Oh my goodness. That is SOOOOO very cute. I love it and I know she does too.

a Tonggu Momma said...

Yeah... I'm hoping the Tongginator skips that first phase and goes straight to the second. Darling Daughter has GREAT TASTE... now. LOL.

Chelsea Gour said...

Love it. We are about to paint the girls room Aqua too! They...okay, Isabel, picked out new comforters for Christmas and we bought bunk beds for them last month....I just have to finish the kitchen first. One project at a time!!