Monday, April 27, 2009

No title today.

We had a busy but good weekend. Worked in the gardens (I wish they would grow as fast as my FarmTown fields on Facebook!) and painted yet another room. Actually got to spend a little time with the ever-elusive Oldest child...we even got to have a meal with him! It's become a novelty, let me tell you...we don't see a lot of him these days between school, work and fire dept. He took some time to clean his room and brought his old (very nice and very loud) stereo upstairs and gave it to Pip Squeak. So thoughtful. He left ONE country music cd in the player. Pip has played it about 8,000 times in the past two days. I'm ready to chunk the cd out the window! I don't really care for country music in the first place, but listening to Chris Cagle ALL weekend makes me want to slam my head in a door.
Also, this was prom weekend. Darling Daughter was asked by three boys, but since she's not allowed to date yet, she couldn't go. Next year, when she's 16, she can go. It's a good thing she didn't go this year, anyway. After viewing album after album of several local proms we have reached the conclusion that OUR school has cornered the market on UGLY DRESSES! Every other school featured gorgeous gowns and elegant attire. We got the TACKY LOUNGE SINGER look going on. Wall-paper patterns, animal prints and stuff that looks like it belongs on a 60's Laugh-In rerun. Ugh! Maybe she can go to prom somewhere else next year.
And in other news...we may have to put our littlest child on Valium until this Swine Flu thing is over. I'm so thankful that it hasn't hit our area, and I pray for those who are suffering...but my young worrier is having panic attacks over where it might head next. You should have seen the look on his face when I made him get out of the car this morning at school. Terror. It's a setback for him, having been many months without frantic handwashing and anxiety over catching something. He would wear a mask to school if I'd let him. Just in case someone sneezes in his direction. I told him that he didn't have anything to fear as long as his classmates didn't start oinking. Thnk goodness school is over in a few weeks. I hope we make it!

2 comments:

Chelsea Gour said...

I saw that it was prom weekend. One of nieces went to the Fox Creek one. Her dress was just a sweet strapless pink satin that stopped at the knees and tied with a black sash. Maybe DD can set some new trends at MV!

Poor germophobic boy! Isabel is in bed with fever and sore throat now. She doesn't have the swine flu though, she has the whine flu! She is p-i-t-i-f-u-l.

Tammy said...

I agree with the country music and the tacky prom attire that has afflicted our nation!

And my almost 10 year old son is a HUGE germophobe and I hope he doesn't hear about this swine flu or he might freak a little.