Monday, April 13, 2009

Boy brains...

What is it about turning eleven and a half that seems to suck the smarts right out of a boy? Eleven year old boys are strange creatures. They don't like girls much. They don't like baths much. They don't like school much. They don't like homework much. They don't like listening much. They don't like to clean their rooms, take out the garbage or get up in the morning, either. They can't seem to remember more than ONE instruction at a time...IF they can complete that!

What DO they like? Well, playing video games, camping in the backyard, chasing small animals with their BB guns, throwing sticks for the dog and trying to choke each other until they turn blue. Apparently. Eating us out of house and home. Definitely. Staying up till all hours over spring break. Certainly.

Following directions and paying attention in school? Yeah, right. My straight "A's" guy came home with a "D" on his last report card. Seems he hasn't been turning in any homework. Why? Well, he DID the homework, I saw him, but he FORGOT to give it to the teacher. It's in the bottom of his bookbag...all nicely wadded up. He forgot. To turn it in. Every day. HUH??

I think it's hormones. They're getting all geared up to turn my babies into hairy young men, and it's sapping the intelligence right out of them. With any luck they'll recover. In about 10 years. I hope.

3 comments:

mendyc said...

They'll never recover. Just think of all the grown men you know. Did any of them ever recover? I rest my case! lol

a Tonggu Momma said...

Ack! These are the boys my daughter will be dating? Then again, what's the Tongginator gonna be like at 11? Probably a hormonal mess!

Tammy said...

OH MY! My son will be 10 next month..which gives me a little time to prepare. :-)