Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Wednesday Prayer Meetin'

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him."
1 Corinthians 2:9

This girl has big dreams.
She adores children. (And they like her, too.)
She wants to be a doctor.
She wants to work in an emergency room and take care of people at their weakest moments.
She wants to adopt children who need a family.
She wants to reach out to others and let them know God's goodness.
She wants to brighten days with this gorgeous smile.

She's applied to go away to school next year.
She will only be 16, a Junior in high school, but it's the opportunity of a lifetime.
She'll be able to study things that aren't available here.
She would be well on her way to fulfilling her dreams.
She's halfway through the selection process...
Would you pray for God's will in her life?
I know He has special plans for our girl.
She's ultimately God's girl...only on loan to me for a while.
Sometimes it's hard to remember that He loves our children even more than we can ever conceive of loving them.
And He knows that's best for them.
Even though her mommy will miss her like crazy if she goes!
These are the lyrics to today's song...they really fit.


At twenty years of age
I'm still looking for a dream
A war's already waged for my destiny
But you've already won the battle
And you've got great plans for me
Though I can`t always see


`cause I got a couple dents in my fender
Got a couple rips in my jeans
Try to fit the pieces together
But perfection is my enemy
On my own I'm so clumsy
But on your shoulders I can see
I'm free to be me


When I was just a girl
I thought I had it figured out
My life would turn out right,
and I'd make it here somehow
But things don't always come that easy
And sometimes I would doubt


And you`re free to be you
Sometimes I believe
that I can do anything
Yet other times I think
I've got nothing good to bring
But you look at my heart
and you tell me That I've got all you seek
And it`s easy to believe
How do you need prayer this week?

3 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

I'm praying for God's will in this! As for us... still sick. And now the husband is sick. Sigh.

The Momster said...

For my sister's family. The BIL went to their place and took the sofa and loveseat that my nephew used in college (that he and his future wife were gonna use) and some other things and then went to their storage unit and got the washer and dryer and bed. I am praying that God restores BIL to himself and the children first and foremost. They need their Daddy...and he needs HIS.
Thanks - Love that Baby Girl wants to do something so radical with her life! AWESOME!!!!
and I love that song... :)

Tammy said...

What a wonderful girl with such awesome aspirations!