Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Randomness

  1. Why can't kids go out and play in the rain if it isn't cold? What will happen to them? Humans don't melt. My boys were told it was "sick weather" and that they had to stay inside. I played in the rain when I was a kid. I got wet. That's all. (For the record, I don't care if my kids play in the rain. It was obviously an inconvenience for someone else.)
  2. Why didn't God make sweat smell good? I firmly believe that more people would get off their behinds and exercise if getting sweaty made them smell like a chocolate cupcake rather than a stinky sock. Don't you agree?
  3. Why do my teenagers own three stores worth of clothing yet wear the same things over and over? Why did we buy the other stuff? They liked it when they tried it on. What happened to it in the car on the ride home?
  4. Never mind, I think I know the answer to #3. The clothes they won't wear haven't been stomped into the carpet enough. That's why there are layers upon layers of crumpled clothing in their floors...they're trying to make them wear-worthy.
  5. How many times does an eleven year old boy need to repeat an action before he remembers how to do it without being told? Over 10,000? Quatro goes in and out of our back door at least 4 times every day and we have to remind him to "Pull UP on the handle a little." EVERY time he opens it. Every. Single. Time. Otherwise he would stand there yanking at the knob for hours and wondering why it wouldn't open.
  6. Have you ever eaten brownies baked with used fried chicken oil? No?? Neither have I...thank heavens I poured the oil into a measuring cup before I added it to the brownie batter. Ugh.
  7. Why were dresses so short in the 60's and 70's? Cindy Brady's underpants are barely covered up and Samantha's cousin on Bewitched had better not bend over! I'm glad I don't have to wear my dresses that short. Not that I ever wear a dress, but if I did I wouldn't want to worry about a gust of wind. Or a cold car seat!
  8. I want to figure out how to get that woman from "It's Me or the Dog" to come to my house. Because Lucy the Demon Dog NEEDS to be taught some manners. Badly. I'm sure the neighborhood if quite tired of her announcing every bird and leaf that blow through our yard. And it would be nice if she were housetrained.
  9. I wonder how difficult it would be to rig up some kind of chute from the bathrooms straight to the washer?
  10. And finally, I wonder why my big strong husband is too weak at 5am to rotate 90 degrees to his left and deposit his empty coke can into the trach compactor? Does he need an IV of caffeine before waking for an added boost of energy?? Or is he just looking out for me and giving me something fun to do each morning...just so I won't feel bored?

1 comment:

a Tonggu Momma said...

As to the brownies... nope. But once I did make them using Olive Oil instead. And... umm... yuck.