Friday, March 20, 2009

Earth-Shattering Kaboom!

All of our local morning news shows are reporting a mysterious explosion this morning around 3:00am. No one really knows what it was yet. There have been reports of a fireball falling from the sky. Some folks have called in saying that they think it was an earthquake. Others have said it was some kind of blow-up at a chemical plant. Nothing seems certain yet, except that it woke people form their sleep in several counties across two states. Also, it wok Lucy from her slumber and caused her to bark for 30 minutes!
I believe I've solved the perplexing problem. If you'll watch the video above, you will see the obvious source of the Earth-Shattering Kaboom. Marvin the Martian is up to his old tricks again...trying to blow us to smithereens with his Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator. After all, we've been obstructing his view of Venus for thousands of years! I love Marvin. Marvin's one of my most favorite cartoon characters! Marvin makes my day. Thanks for waking me up last night, Marv.
If you notice any beak-nosed, green fuzzy guys riding by on hovering scooters...call me!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

i slept right thru it & so did the 4 dogs in our house. i havent even heard about it. guess i will check out the news.

a Tonggu Momma said...

Sigh. Now I have to watch the news. Unless you blog about it later today. Cuz that would be helpful.

mendyc said...

Did you move because I don't have a clue what you are talking about?

Tammy said...

I love Marvin too....I hope he doesn't do another practice run anywhere near my house. And my dog is deaf as a post so neither she nor my husband would hear it!

The Source said...

Mendy...I guess you should try watching the news. Because it's been on every local station all day long. Also on the newspaper's website.