Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sincerely 'Fro Me To You

OK, before you call social services, I can explain. See, when this photo was taken I had a three year old hurricane of a daughter, I was baby sitting another three year old part-time as well as keeping a newborn nephew, AND I was expecting twins. Which means that I spent most of my days parked on the sofa balancing a baby & bottle in one arm, a puke bucket in the other, trying to keep my girl and her buddy from killing each other with the Sock 'Em Boppers. (Seriously, Darling Daughter loved whacking unsuspecting people in the head with those things.) Consequently, when the Oldest child got bored on a warm spring day, I said something like, "Go dig a hole." And he, being the ever obedient son, well, he did!


If you'd like to see other photos that won't make it into a family album, please click HERE.

8 comments:

Chelsea Gour said...

That is so cute! Our kids asked one day if their neighborhood friend, Mary could dig a hole in our back yard because her Dad wouldn't let her dig in their yard. That should have been my cue there. But, being the one not to quell creativity, I said "sure". Mary and the boys dug all day and around 4pm they hit the water table! Paul thought they'd hit a water line and had to jump in the hole, which was up to his shoulders at this point, with water up to his knees and look for the water line. It wasn't there. Hello, we live just about sea level so it was the water table. Needless to say, he wasn't happy! They had to fill the hole in and hang up their shovels!

a Tonggu Momma said...

I knew it would be good! Anything that starts with, "OK, before you call social services, I can explain" is bound to be good. And I have to ask... what color was the puke bucket? Cuz I'm sure you remember.

Heather said...

It sounds like you certainly had your hands full! At least you had one kid that apparently could entertain himself!

Happy Mommy said...

I loved this picture! I have had those same kind of moments, my 3 kids last year decided to strip down and play in a mud hole! Fun!

Norse, Jesica, and Boden said...

CUTE! I also enjoyed the video tribute. I got a little misty eyed thinking that my 9 month old will be a man some day and my biggest desire is to see him walk with the Lord. Thanks for the encouragement.

We are THAT Family said...

Oh my. My kids would love to featured in a photo like this!

Tammy said...

SOOOO, cute! And I say whatever works then go with it. And there is contentment in that photo. :-)

Scribbit said...

Funny! How obedient and literal he is :) Actually, that was probably a lot of fun.