Monday, February 23, 2009

My own personal bodyguard

Look who's standing up there with a GOLD medal around his neck!
That would be the Pip Squeak!


Our family really enjoyed watching kids brawl with each other for four hours on a Saturday. I'm telling you, things got pretty intense. Ever watched a UFC match on television? Well, the families of these kids get just as crazy! Especially Darling Daughter, who sat right beside the mat and yelled things like, "Get his back! Get your hooks in! Don't give up! Push him off with your legs! Fight harder! CHOKE HIM!" The funniest matches were between a couple of five year old girls in the under 50 pounds division. Picture a petite little princess rolling around on the mat with her friend, her daddy on the sidelines telling her to "Use your skills...isolate an arm!" She propped her chin on her hand, looked up at him while sitting on her opponent, and said, "Daddy, I'm a little TIRED already. You wanna come do it for me??" Too funny!






5 comments:

Chelsea Gour said...

WOW Pip Squeak! I'm so proud of you and I'm not even your mother!!! Sounds like you had a great weekend! I think it is wonderful that DD went to the match and still hangs out with her family, supporting her little brothers. Most teenagers would go off with friends. I did. Consequently, I hardly knew my youngest sister at all, until recently! How sad. You guys are great parents!

Tonggu Momma said...

Alright!!!! So can I call him Ralph Macchio now?

Heaher said...

I LOVE MY PIP! HE KICKED BUT! AND ANNA AND ALEX Were so darn adorbale. esp sarah when she told her dad to shut up im fighting!

AZ Chapman said...

I remeber those days happy b day souce come visit

Tammy said...

WOOOO!! Awesome.