Monday, February 9, 2009

A Monday Morning Mess

"My words fly up, my thoughts remain below: Words without thoughts never to heaven go."
Hamlet (III, iii, 100-103)



My thoughts are jumbled today. Ifeel like I'm running from something, but I'm not sure what it is. The past week has flown by as we get ready to fly out of the country for 12 days and leave the kids behind. Although I want to go on this trip, and I know we'll have a wonderful time...something is nagging at me. I keep getting the feeling that we shouldn't go.
I know the kids will be fine. Their grandmother will probably have them fattened up nicely by the time we return. They aren't babies anymore, and can fend for themselves if they need to. But still.
The date has been changed for the Father-Daughter Ball. We won't be here. The Oldest (and sweetest big brother on earth) has offered to take Darling Daughter to the dance instead. It's not the same. She says she's ok with it, but I don't think I am.
The Beta Club induction ceremony will take place the day after we fly out. Again, she says she's ok with it.
The Oldest will begin a new job.
The twins will miss their school talent show.
Did I mention that I don't like flying?
Or being below deck on a boat while sleeping?
The Hubby's job...well, they're cutting out all overtime and laying off many. He shouldn't have any reason to worry about this job, but what if we need the money we'll be spending?
I just can't get happy about spending ten days on a boat in the Caribbean. What's the matter with me?
Could you pray about a few things for me, please?
  1. That I will have peace that we're supposed to go ahead with our vacation and everything will be fine.
  2. That the kids will have a great time with their grandmother and things will go smoothly here while we're gone.
  3. That my girl will have a terrific evening with her big brother at the dance her daddy is supposed to take her to.

There is too much on my mind this week, and I just can't seem to get myself quiet and pray. I find myself keeping busy with nothing instead. I know that I need to sit down and give it all over to God, but I can't. I need to worry. Stupid, I know. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

2 comments:

mendyc said...

I always get the same feeling when I'm about to leave my kids and go have fun without them. Everything will be fine. Go, relax and enjoy yourself. You'll be glad you did and the kids will still be alive and in one piece when you get back.

Michelle said...

if you really dont want to go i will take your place!! everything will be fine. tell them to call if they need anything, i am right around the corner!