Saturday, February 21, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me.

We're attending Pip Squeak's very first Jiu Jitsu tournament this morning, so I'm leaving a lovely photo of myself, about age one, for you to analyze.
Things that are obvious in this picture:

1. My mother wanted a boy. Blue cord overalls? Big clue.

2. This photo was taken in 1972 when the popular trend in baby shoes was Hard and Ugly. Because clearly Baby would never learn to walk unless her tiny feet were painfully stuffed into wood and cardboard.

3. My parents wanted a pet. Take a look at those bells on my shoes. Shouldn't those be hanging on a cat collar?

4. Or maybe they just didn't want to keep up with me. This way my feet would jingle and alert them when I fell head first into the toilet.

5. I was destined for genius. Note the big head. The better to grow a big brain, my dearie.

6. Non-slip soles had not yet been invented. Hence the strips of tape on the bottoms of those ugly shoes.

7. Apparently I was bald for quite some time.

8. Also toothless.

9. Couldn't they have pierced my ears or stuck a bow on my head??

10. I bet those shoe bells would be considered choking hazards today.

11. And the buttons on the overalls, too.

12. If I were a year old today, I would probably be wearing Crocs, a smocked dress and a bow the size of my head.

13. I think I prefer the 70's.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo tengo te amor el madre! Feliz cumpleanos. tiene triente y siete. tiene meyor. =)

Chelsea Gour said...

That picture is ADORABLE! Happy Birthday!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Happy birthday! And thank goodness you aren't wearing a bow the size of your head. Aren't those choking hazards, too? Or maybe possibly just vomit hazards? (I'm just saying...)

mendyc said...

WOW! You did have a big giant head! How did you hold that thing up??? You were still cute though. Too bad your mother couldn't at least take the tape off your shoes for the picture. lol Happy Birthday sis! I love you!

Tammy said...

You are exactly right....your one year old picture today would be COMPLETELY different! :-)

The Momster said...

Happy Birthday Source! I hope you have had a great day!!!!!

Big hugs,
The Momster :)

Michelle said...

happy bday!!!