Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Dingbat Diaries, Boy Version, vol.2

We were at the Jiu Jitsu tournament for several hours last Saturday, and let me just say that sitting and watching other kids do stuff is not Quatro's idea of a fun way to spend his weekend. We arrived kind of early (yeah, I know, we're NEVER early) and Quatro begged to be allowed to stay out in front of the gym to play with the owner's animals (dogs & prairie dogs) and hang out by the picnic tables. No problem.
Until Darling Daughter poked her head out the door to check on him. She came back with an odd look on her face and said, "Ummm...he's not really related to me, is he? He's out there standing on a stack of tires waving his arms around cheerleading!!"
Well, as it turned out, no he wasn't. I asked. Oh, I had to ask. He wasn't cheerleading. He was practicing his airplane traffic directing. Standing on a huge stack of tires. While every other family came driving in. To see my 11 year old son flailing around like a nut.
At least he was entertaining himself, right?

2 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

BwwwaaaHaHaHa! You need to get him some orange glow sticks now.

Chelsea Gour said...

I laughed so hard I almost wet myself! That is so my Noah!