Monday, January 19, 2009

The weight-loss diary.

According to the results of my poll last week, my dear bloggy friends (or at least the four of you who voted) think I should post a weight-loss diary WITH pictures. Pictures. OK, I can do that. I was also thinking I will probably post a total of how much exercise I managed to do each week along with...ugh...my current weight.

Maybe making myself accountable online will make me think twice about gobbling up half a carton of Blueberry Cream Pie ice cream. Well, not really half a carton, but too much anyway. The point is, I need to eat less junk and I need to exercise more. If I'm posting my progress here WITH photos as evidence, I'll be less likely to cheat since I won't be getting any smaller and you'll all know it!

You'll have to come back later this afternoon for the picture...I can't find one on my laptop of anything but my head and my head's not that fat. (Shut up, sister!)

So here are my stats as of this morning:

Height: 5'4"
Weight: 160
BMI: 27.5
Jeans size: 12

According to those numbers I am, gasp, OVERWEIGHT! I had no idea! The roll of mush around my middle was not a clue.

Also according to the CDC, I should weigh 140 pounds or less in order to be considered within normal limits. My work is obviously cut out for me. Say 20 pounds at the least. Encourage me, please! I know I can do this, but it won't be easy. Especially with a Hubby who buys so much ice cream!

5 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

I've got to lose at least 10. I'm going to try to cut back and exercise more.

Jo said...

i track all my info at www.sparkspeople.com if you sign up (it is free) u can use my id as a referral mom2qtpies1

Good luck

Paul and Chelsea Gour said...

Good luck! Paul is doing a "Biggest Loser" contest with our homeschool group. But he has 60 lbs to lose, so your 20 isn't so bad! It just seems that way when it's yours!!

mendyc said...

You can do it! Just let hubby eat all the ice cream and gain all the weight that you'll be losing. :D

Tammy said...

I had started walking over the last 3 weeks, but this dern FREEZING cold weather is a deterrent for us Southern folks, ya' know. But I am working on 10 pounds for the year.

YOU GO GIRL!