Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wednesday Prayer Meetin'

1 Corinthians 13:4-13





4. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.


5. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.


6. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.


7. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.


9. For we know in part and we prophesy in part,


10. but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.


11. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.


12. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.





** and may I add the following...



Love brings home your favorite ice cream when you're pregnant with twins.

Love hangs onto you when you're falling out of the whitewater raft!

Love jumps in the cold water after you when you've fallen in anyway.

Love would cancel the trip of a lifetime and lose thousands of dollars just because you're afraid of airplanes.

Love straightens the covers and tucks you in bed before he leaves for work in the dark hours of the morning.

Love calls to let you know the roads are foggy, and tells you to be careful.

Love lets little boys hide under the sheets and scare the daylights out of you when you come to bed.

Love makes your daughter feel as if she's her daddy's most precious gift.

Love raises your sons to be responsible, caring young men.

Love doles out the discipline when you don't have the heart to stick it to them.

Love watches CSI marathons because he knows you love them.

Love slices the onions because they make you cry.

Love calls to ask where you are when he hears there's been an accident.

Love loves you more 20 years later, even through the grays and the wrinkles.

Love lets you drive the best car.

Love fixes breakfast on Saturday mornings and lets you sleep a little longer.

Love endures your strange relatives and you put up with his, too.

Love cares about your elderly grandparents as if they were his own.

Love tells you every day that you're beautiful...even if you haven't had a shower or fixed your hair!

Love baits your hook and takes the fish off for you!



Prayer requests today:

My grandma is recovering from her pacemaker insertion. Please pray that she will give up arguing and take the medicines the doctor prescribed...in the manner that he prescribed them...so we don't have to get mean with her! She's a stubborn woman.

3 comments:

Kristen@nosmallthing said...

I love this. You certainly have a wonderful man. :)

Tammy said...

Such a cute post!

And I've got one stubborn grandmother too. Saying a prayer.

Paul and Chelsea Gour said...

That was so sweet! And, with a few exceptions I can say that it described my Paul to a T. We've never been White Water Rafting but I know he'd dive in for me...and not so much on the tucking in, I'm just lucky if he doesn't wake me leaving. But that was very sweet and Hubby is definitely a keeper!