Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Tale of Two Baptisms

I know, I know, I'm supposed to be blogging about the Hubby this week. Bare with me. I had to share these two videos first. We'll talk about Hubby later. I promise.

Video number one features Darling Daughter's baptism last night. This was actually her second baptism, the first having been when she was 8 years old. She didn't feel like that meant much as she got older and she needed to rededicate herself to the Lord. I'm so proud of my girl. But you already knew that, didn't you?! (PS...that's Pip Squeak yelling Whoo Hoo afterward. He's not my kid. I don't act that way in public!)

Now, this next video is the one that will win me the $10,000 from America's Funniest Home Videos...when I finally get around to sending it in. This is the one of the twins' baptism. They were seven years old. I couldn't edit this, so you may want to forward to 1.20 to begin watching my boys...and make sure you aren't drinking a beverage. Spewage may occur.

Oh yes, he did dog paddle across the baptismal pool. Yes, the other one did blurt out, "Hey cool, I can touch!" Luckily our pastor has kids. And a kind heart. And a sense of humor.

2 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

Congrats to my my favorite dingbat! Also, loved the videos. Hysterically different! And we just had a conversation with the Tongginator tonight about baptism. She told me she never, ever wanted to be baptized because she was never - EVER - going to stick her head under water. LOL.

Tammy said...

That was so funny! And your Pastor handled it so well. :-)