Thursday, January 8, 2009

Pip Kicks Butt


video



The Pip Squeak earned his second stripe at Jiu Jitsu last night. He took down the kid in the yellow/white belt and choked him out. (It was only fair, since the boy was talking all sorts of smack before they sparred.) I only got the end of the match on video, because I spend a lot of the class time holding a brand new baby boy all swaddled up in his blankie. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening Darling Daughter and I argue over who gets to hold the precious, tiny little bundle first. Only last night, Darling Daughter had track and didn't get to go with me, so I didn't have to share any baby snuggles. Which left me with teeny fingers wrapped around mine, staring into sweet brown eyes, wondering at what point our helpless baby boys become brawling, fighting maniacs and well, I missed the first part. But you get the idea.

Here's Pip and Mr. Josh after class. Mr. Josh is very good with the kids. He explains and demonstrates techniques very clearly and makes sure they don't get hurt. Also, he encourages them not to give up. And he makes sure that there's always a way Pip can do his best even when he has to compensate for his balance issues.

Note the TWO stripes on Pip's belt. Hopefully there will be a few more stripes added before the tournament in March! We want a Samurai Sword!


6 comments:

Michelle said...

YEAH PIP!! way to go!

Paul and Chelsea Gour said...

GREAT JOB!

mendyc said...

Yay! Go Pip go! Congrats!

Jo said...

YOU GO PIP!! Cannot wait to hear about more stripes.

a Tonggu Momma said...

Way to kick bootie, Pip!!!!

AZ Chapman said...

know this is late but i had to congraulate pip on the jidisu. I took judo and loved it when I was his age. I would not like to fight him though he looks to strong