Friday, January 9, 2009

Face Your Fears

Tonggu Momma from Our Little Tongginator posted yesterday about fears. Fears she wants and fears she doesn't want. She also noted in her post that the season premier of Monk is (was) Friday night. If you don't watch Monk, you should! I love that guy! Watching Monk, I can believe that there's hope for my little worry wart, Pip Squeak, to grow up and have some sort of a life in spite of his issues with handwashing and sanitizers. Not to mention Quatro and his extreme quirkiness. Have you checked out the commercial with Monk as Magnum, PI? Go click on it! Hilarious!

Anyway, the Monk website lists all sorts of phobias, alphabetically, so that you can browse through and pick out those strange fears belonged to YOU. I have picked out and listed the ones that most accurately describe members of The Source Family.


Telephonophobia: Fear of telephones. (So this is why everyone in my house looks aimlessly around when they hear that ringing sound??)
Plutophobia: Fear of wealth. (Oh yes, that would be the Hubby's secret fear...actually having enough money in the bank would freak him out!)
Pyrophobia: Fear of fire. (I only wish The Oldest had this one!)
Graphophobia: Fear of writing or handwriting. (Quatro!! Handwriting of a drunk, one-legged chicken with a pencil in it's beak!)
Astraphobia or Astrapophobia: Fear of thunder and lightning. (Darling Daughter ends up in my bed every time it storms!)
Frigophobia: Fear of cold, cold things. (Why I will never live any further north than Georgia.)
Alliumphobia: Fear of garlic. (More specifically, fear of Hubby eating a whole head of garlic. And then fumigating me out of our bed at night with his breath.)
Nosophobia or Nosemaphobia: Fear of becoming ill. (Pip...this one's for you, buddy! Wash all the skin off those hands, baby.)
Novercaphobia: Fear of your step-mother. (Ha, ha, ha. OK not actually the step-mother, but the stinking, disgusting perfume she gives out as presents. Right Sister?!)

There's more...oh, so much more I could list about this family of mine. But why don't you head over and check it out for yourself. Don't forget to watch Monk!

3 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

Your description of Quatro's handwriting had me ROLLING!!!! And exactly how would you know it's like that anyway? Have you been slipping liquor to Chicken Little?

Tammy said...

My son just might be a Monk in training.

Karen said...

My MIL loves the Monk... she's always trying to get us to watch it.
Our oldest son has OCD so, we can relate..