Monday, August 4, 2008

Tomato, Tomahto

My offering for Best Shot Monday this week is a shot I took of our young gardener proudly holding a tiny cherry tomato he just picked from one of our plants.







It has been his job to keep the garden watered and pick the veggies when they're ready. I wondered, though, why he only got 5 or 10 tomatoes from a plant that was nearly falling over with 30-40 hanging on it's vines? (branches? limbs?) Well, if you look closely at the photo you will notice he has thrown several tomatoes over the deck. If they had the slightest blemish on them, he used them to bomb the dog!



For additional wonderful photos, please visit Best Shot Monday.


10 comments:

The Momster said...

Aha - you discovered what was happening with the tomatoes :)

Great shot!

Mia's Mama said...

that's hilarious! I would have figured that he was eating them (if he liked tomatoes) that's so FUNNY that he was BOMBING the dogs!!!

Sugar-n-Spice said...

What a handsome boy! ;)

By the way....I was once a beauty queen, too. Miss Cinderella, 1986? or maybe '87? Can't remember. I think I was 6. Although I must admit I think the judges awarded it to me because my tape wouldn't play and I had to sing my song without it. It was a pity crown. ;) Anyway, those are really cute pics.

Christina said...

Haha, that's too funny! I thought you were going to say he ate them all himself!

Maggie said...

He is looking pretty proud of those tomatoes! At least he used those blemished tomatoes for something...much to the dog's dismay I'm sure!

Joanna said...

Bomb the Dog?! What a little devil! ;0)

Thats great that he has the responsibility of taking care of the plant.

HipMomma said...

Oh, man. That is THE best way to eat them! And what a cutiepie.

melody is slurping life said...

And that is a lesson in how boys pick tomatoes. LOL

He's a handsome guy and obviously a lot of fun.

www.fabuluxephotos.com said...

lol. new to your blog and loving it.

Kim said...

Ha! That's great - what better use for a "blemished" tomato?